Egyptian Foreign Minister, Sameh Shoukry, discussed the latest developments in Libya during a phone call on Sunday with Italian Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio.
The Egyptian Foreign Ministry spokesman, Ahmed Hafez, said that the two ministers exchanged views on the latest developments in Libya and ways to reach a comprehensive settlement to the crisis to "achieve the aspirations of the brotherly Libyan people towards restoring security, stability and complete elimination of the terrorist organizations that pose a threat to the security of the Libyan citizen and the region."
Last week, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry commented on the announcement of Libyan National Army leader, Marshal Khalifa Haftar, to "accept the popular mandate" and invalidate the Skhirat Agreement, by affirming its adherence to the "political solution and the principle of searching for a political settlement to the conflict in Libya, despite the differences between the Libyan parties on how do it. ”
The ministry spokesman said at the time that "the search for a political solution should not lead to complacency in the face of extremist terrorist currents in Libya or to enter into negotiations with them regarding the future of Libya," affirming his "appreciation" for Libyan National Army forces.