The spokesman for the General Command of the Libyan National Army, Brig. Gen. Ahmad Al-Mismari, said that the military units are advancing towards the target with a solid and systematic force consisting of two military divisions and their supporting units, while talking about moving towards the western region.
In a press conference, Al-Mismari said that "the General Command has surprised all with a complete army" for the "liberation of a homeland from terrorism".
"We do not want Tripoli for power or for money, we want Tripoli for dignity, we want Tripoli for the honor of this country," he said in response to criticism of the intentions of the General Command over its recent move towards the western region.
The weekly press conference of the spokesman for the General Command praised the capabilities of the armed forces with regard to preparedness to "confront terrorism and traitors."
Regarding the decision to move towards the western region, Al-Mismari continued: "We will enter this battle with two military units and supporting units. There is now an integrated infantry battalion in one of the (unnamed) mass areas, as well as an integrated mechanized infantry division in another area of mobilization."
"There is another surprise in the areas in front of the mobilization areas. There is a significant force estimated at about two infantry brigades with light weapons and reinforced by military vehicles that will be waiting for the troops coming from the areas of mobilization."
Earlier on Wednesday, the military information division of the armed forces announced that "many military units moved to the western region to clean up the remaining terrorist groups in their last strongholds in the western region."