The National Oil Corporation (NOC) announced on Friday that the total losses incurred by the country as a result of the closure of the ports of Hariga and the Gulf of Sidra reached $920 million.
The company said in a bulletin issued today, that the losses of the closure so far amounted to 12.5 million barrels of oil, while the daily losses are $67 million.
The current production has amounted to 527,000 barrels per day, compared with more than one million barrels per day a month ago.
In previous statements, the head of the oil company Mustafa Sanalla said that the General Command did not back down from its decision to prevent ships from entering the port to ship the amounts allocated to them, although he has warned of the consequences of the continued closures.
The general command of the army announced the delivery of oil facilities to the interim government attributing the decision to terrorist groups receiving financial support, weapons and ammunition from oil revenue received by the government in Tripoli.
For its part the NOC said in a statement that "the general command does not have any legal authority to control Libya's oil exports," arguing that any attempt to do so is a clear violation of UN Security Council resolutions, Libyan domestic law and the penal code.